Monday, January 4, 2010

Here we go!

Tonight I fly from Salt Lake City to Los Angeles where my around the world trip begins. For this trip, there were basically two ways I considered doing it---either through a series of one-way tickets or using a reputable ticket consolidator such as Airtreks or Airbrokers. Given that I am pretty much winging every other aspect of my trip (where I will stay, what I will do, ground transportation, etc.) I decided to plan my overall flight route in advance and purchased an itinerary through Airbrokers. This still gives me some flexibility in how long I decide to stay in a particular city as long as I keep moving in the same general direction. I also intend to use regional airlines to move between shorter distances. Jan 5 L.A. to Nadi, Fiji Jan 9 Nadi, Fiji to Auckland, New Zealand Jan 30 Christchurch, New Zealand to Sydney, Australia Feb 20 Melbourne, Australia to Kuala Lumpur, Malyasia Mar 6 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Phuket, Thailand April 10 Bangkok, Thailand to Athens, Greece May 20 Prague, Czech Republic to Amsterdam, Netherlands June 3 Amsterdam, Netherlands to Boston, USA Time to catch the bus to the SLC airport! -Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment